Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Back to School...........
Christmas vacation is officially over. (sob, sob) Although I enjoy homeschooling, it always means I get behind on other aspects of my house. Oh well......
Today Michael learned about the letter "H". I had a heart-shaped paper punch, so we glued hearts on the letter H. We are going to have hot dogs for lunch. Michael is a "hands-on" type learner. So, at the beginning of the school year, I created a special alphabet learning process just for him. With every new letter, we talk about its sound. Next, we do a craft using that letter. For instance, hearts were for H. We used Cheerios for C, etc. We also try to have a snack starting with the letter of the day. Apples for A, bananas for B, cupcakes for C, etc. I let Lauren learn it along with Michael to make it more fun. She also helps think of words that begin with the letter of the day. I'd love to hear from anyone who can think of craft ideas for the letters i,k,q,u,w,and z. Just remember they have to be objects that can be glued onto a piece of construction paper to go into their notebooks. Thanks.
Before I go, let me share something funny I found on Sarah Frys website. It's for all you fellow homeschooling Moms.....I hope you are all off to a great start!
You Might Be a Homeschooler If....
* You come to school in your PJ's.
* Your biology lab consists of assisting in your sibling's birth.
* Your stacks of books to check out is taller than the librarian.
* Your PE comes from chasing little toddlers around.
* Your school bus is a 9 passenger van.
* You consider school work after lunch to be cruel and unusual punishment.
* Your father has ever told the check-out lady at Wal-mart, "We're on a field trip."
* Your social life is viewed by some to be one rung lower than that of a Benedictine monk.
* Your teacher has ever written your report card on a napkin.
* You have to move dirty laundry off your desk before your can start school.
* The signatures on your diploma all end with the same last name.
* Everyone else in the world is referred to as "Non-homies."
* Your Mother's wardrobe consists primarily of denim jumpers.
* Your first real date is on your honeymoon.
* The word 'homework' sounds like an foreign language.
* Your yearbook is also your babybook.
* A snow day means that you shovel the driveway after you finish your school work.
* You enjoy the pastime of watching public school kids walk home from school.
* You have to look at the clock to see if you can call your public school friends yet.
* You think that public-school-kid is an insult of the highest degree.
* Health class consists of eating breakfast.
* You have to decide what year you want to graduate.
* You are always late but just call it "homeschooler time."
* You can remember nearly every single day you went to public school.
* The teacher can kiss the principal, and no one thinks it's unusual.
* You get to school and the teacher asks you if you've done all your chores.
* You are one of the best people in the world! :)