Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Monday Events

Last night, was the Aldersgate Christian Academy Spring Program. Although Lauren doesn't attend there, she does attend
music class three days a week. This gives
her a chance to be in a school setting, and a chance
to be with other kids. This year, she completed 2nd grade
music which is taught by Mr. Tim Crater.



This choir was 1-4th grades. They sang two songs.



My Monday started out very usual. We were just
eating breakfast when Chris came home for a few minutes
and said he wanted me to see something on the computer.
Saturday, while running some errands, I heard on the radio
that Kenny G was coming in concert, close to Dayton. I immediately called
home and told Chris to check on the price of tickets. the cheap seats were
$60. Ugh...too much. So Monday, as I'm looking at whatever he
wanted on the computer, my eyes fell on the words Ticket Master. I
immediately thought we were going to see Kenny G. So there were
a few excited squeals, and happy smiles. Then as I scrolled
down further, I saw the name Josh Groban, and then
there were screams and jumping up and down. And nominations
for "husband of the year"!!!! I was very surprised because I had
really wanted to see the "Awake" tour, but the dates in our
area, were Sunday dates. However, he has since added a few more
stops on the tour, so we will be seeing him in Pittsburgh, PA. After seeing him
in concert in Oxford a couple years ago, I'm thrilled to get to go again. Not only
is he a great singer, but the musicians that travel with him are just a real treat as well.



I guess Mondays aren't so bad after all!

8 comments:

Martha C said...

Beware of putting your hair in curls for this concert! :-) Remember what happened the last time? Hee. Hee.
I am happy for you.

Kendall and Leanna said...

I wondered why Chris was looking up Josh Groban concert dates. :) I hope you all have a great time. The night he's coming here to Charlotte Kendall has to work & I have no idea what my schedule will be like then so maybe next time.

Nancy said...

Martha, I'm not sure what you're referring to...sounds interesting though...please refresh my memory...I'm dying to know

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so neat. Have a great time. =)

Brenda said...

Wow - a Josh Groban concert would definitely be something to squeal about! Way too cool!

Kelly S said...

No fair! Sounds like so much fun.

You'll have to share the curled hair story with me when you find out. Sounds interesting:)

Martha C said...

Nancy, I don't remember the exact details myself. . . Either the curlers got dreadfully stuck in your hair, or the curls ended up being a mass of knots in the end. You let me know that it was a high price for trying to look nice, and you probably would not do it again. :-)

Nancy said...

Oh well, how easily we forget....I still can't remember this one, though it does sound like something that would happen to me :) I still curl my hair on occasion, so I guess it must not have been quite the nightmare that I imagined at the moment! (aren't we so silly sometimes?!)