Thursday, May 24, 2007

Blogger Moms Day Out!

Ever read someone's blog and find yourself wishing you could sit around and just chat with that person? Or maybe you've read about a funny "kid" saying or incident and you find yourself thinking, "That sounds just like something MY kid would do or say". Well, here's a day just for you! I'm the blog reader I've just been describing, and I've decided to do something more than just wish. It's called "Blogger Moms Day Out" and all blogging Moms are invited!
Date: June 8th
The time: 11:00 Am till ????
The place: Totter's Otterville, located inside Johnny's Toys in Latonia KY.
This is an amazing, large indoor/outdoor play place for kids ages 0-10yrs. There is a $6.95 admission charge per child. Adults are free. Although they do not allow outside food or drinks, they offer a large variety of foods at their cafe. There are plenty of seats surrounding the toy area for Moms to sit and just chat. I've invited another blogger Mom, Kelly S, from our church, who is planning to attend as well.
I've posted pictures of some of the play areas. In addition there is a trolley (free with admission) that runs at noon every day. Kids can get unlimited rides. Outside there is also a fishing pool, a maze, and a climbing gym. Indoors, in addition to the pics I've posted, there is also an Animal Hospital (stocked with pets and medical supplies) a floral shop (stocked with flowers and vases, pots, and cash registers), a water play area, a train area with several train tables, a dollhouse/animal play area, a face-painting area, a dress-up room, a playhouse area, and a ballet room. When I take my kids, we make a day out of it. First of all, I want to get my money's worth, but also, it's tough dragging my kids away. There is just so much to see and do



A tiny kitchen and restaurant where kids can
serve of be served. This time Michael was the cook,and
Katie Stamper and Morgan Marshall were the "victims".


Martha Castle shows off her engineering/building skills
in the waffle block room.


Kids enjoy the ball pit, jungle gym area.



Moms chat way, while kids play. L to R: Lanee
Marshall, Martha Castle, Becky Marshall, and Jennifer Welch.

Kids get soaked on a hot day. Needless to say, I think this is
Michael's favorite place.


Lauren and Brianna Marshall decided to ROLL in
the sandpit after a good soak in the sprinklers. Yuck....my van has
never been the same. LOL!




The Construction Zone. A huge gravel pit full of
Tonka trucks and lots of other "boy" toys.


There's a special "soft" room just for babies. (Babies 9mo. or younger
get in free.)



The store that is stocked with groceries, carts, and cash registers.



The art room contains several tables where kids can
do the craft of the day. It also has plenty of easels for creativity.

Come and join the fun! It will be worth your drive....even if you have to drive from Frankfort! (Hear that, Angie? and bring Sarah with you!)

14 comments:

Patty said...

Nancy, What a great idea. It would be great to get to know people better and have a time of fellowship. My kids love Otterville, and would think this was great.
Did I miss something though, I did not see a date.

Patty said...

P.S. Sometimes if we have a group, we by the 12 for the price of 10 pass. It helps a little on the price of admission

Nancy said...

Thanks, Patty. The date is June 8th. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Angie D said...

I wish i could. My hubby will have a coronary about gas prices and I couldn't find Kentucky if my life depended on it, but I'll ask nicely and see if he laughs!

Nancy said...

Angie, just click on the Otterville link for directions. It can't be that far...after all I just visited YOUR children's museum there in Indianapolis and it wasn't so far. as for the gas prices....well, I can't help you there. But if you bring Sarah, you could split the cost....keep thinking about it... :)

The Dickinsons said...

OK...I'll be there with bells on!! ;) I WISH! I do miss getting together with other Holiness Moms, but THANK THE LORD for blogs, that I can at least HEAR of what's going on. =) Y'ALL HAVE FUN, it looks like a GREAT place.

Loved the NEW PICS OF Y'ALL IN EDEN PARK! ADORABLE!!

Have a great day,
Love, Heather in Colombia. =)

Tamra said...

What a great idea! Bryson loves Totter's Otterville, but our subdivision is holding a garage/yard sale on that day and I'm participating. I want to get rid of the junk I'm not willing to sell on ebay. We aren't pack rats by any stretch of the imagination, but it is amazing what we accumulate in one years time (I had a sale last year). You all are more than welcome to check out my stuff after you finish letting the kids play. :) Just joking. That would be quite the "little" drive! Let us know if you plan to do this again in the future, and I will try my best to make it. Have fun!

Tamra said...

P.S. I really like the pics of you guys at Eden Park.

sankey family said...

Awwww...I would SO love to be there - but talk about the gas expense to drive from Salamanca, Mexico...lol...I'll be there in my thoughts. I hope you all have fun.

Melodie

Martha C said...

That was a fun day, wasn't it?! My boys really liked going there. (Unless a "Day Camp for Toddlers" descended upon it. :-)

sarahmfry said...

I've been wanting to do something like this with our blogger friends! I'll have to check on this date and see what's up....looks like a blast!!!

OH BUMMER! My husband just walked up and I realized that we have a wedding/preaching weekend in Michigan that date. Have fun without us....boo hoo.

Kelly S said...

Hey Nancy,

Do you mind taking my last name off this posting and your link list? I know I'm paranoid, but there are a lot of wierdos out there. My friends and I try to be careful to not put last names on our blogs. It's hard to remember and I have forgotten a couple of times myself and then went back and deleted it. You could just put Kelly or Kelly S. Thanks friend for understanding!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lanee M. said...

I would love to come, but I have a Pampered Chef Show that night - don't know if I could get back it time AND not be too tired. :(
Let me know who comes - and let's plan another one, okay?
Lanee'