Monday, February 26, 2007

The infirmary will officially be closed tomorrow...

This nurse is "sick" of the infirmary and is leaving town. Yeah...I know. You thought I already left. Well, I've been busy caring for the sick, having a Pampered Chef party, shopping, etc. Chris was in sunny Orlando suffering for GBS with a few other guys for a few days last week. His one request several weeks prior? "Get the 'dumb Pampered Chef party' over with before I get home." (said all in good humor, of course) You can tell it's his favorite of my yearly events. :) Lanee' Marshall is the consultant and has done a show for me the last three years. Also while Chris was gone, I enjoyed getting lots of extra work done, staying up late working on projects, and the night of the party, staying up talking to my dear friend Lanee' till almost 3AM!
As for an infirmary update, we are on the tail-end of our illnesses, I hope. Michael just has a cough left at this point. Caleb is still in the runny nose stage just before the cough hits. Anyway, I've had enough of sickness to last me a long time. I'm sure the PediaCare, Vicks, and Tylenol people all love us dearly by now. By the way, did you know that Pedia Care sells Popsicles for coughs? Lauren and Michael LOVED them and they have the same active ingredient just like their cough syrup. They must have really tasted good because neither kid knew they were taking medicine!
Anyway, for Valentines Day and my birthday combined, Chris wanted all of us to get away to Pigeon Forge for a few days. We have rented a cabin and will be gone all this week. (I know, I know. try not to cry) So, I promise lots of pictures and details following my return. I better run and get more packing done. I forgot how much "loot" is required when traveling with a baby! :)

2 comments:

Jana said...

How fun is that??! Sounds like a well deserved trip. Hope you have a wonderful time (which I'm sure won't be hard. :-)

Brenda said...

Cool! Have a great time!