Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day, Nancy!

For the wonderful woman I married:

I wonder if you really know
what a wonderful woman you are.
I've told you far less often than I should.
It's hard to find the words to say
all the things you deserve to hear--
if I could say them perfectly,
I would...

I'd tell you just how much it means
to be given the gift of your love
and how much that love has changed me for the better.
I'd say it takes a wife like you
to reveal the soul of a man--
if he can open up enough to let her...

It may be that there are no words
to thank you for all that you've done
to support me and create the life we share...
But should you ever feel unsure
of the love I have for you,
just look into my eyes. You'll find it there.

Happy Valentine's Day!
With my love always!

Chris

P.S. I know your password. Ha!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

OK, Chris! You win again! You ALWAYS surprise me! I'm pretty much just speechless.....I love you too and I'm glad I'm the lucky girl who gets to be your valentine.

PS In case anyone wants to know, this picture was taken at Disney, Dec. 05. Chris and I had our picture taken in the same gazebo on our honeymoon, June 1997. 9 years and 3 kids later :)

Nancy said...

By the way, Caleb isn't visible. He didn't make his appearance for another 4 months!

Philip Brown said...

:o) I laughed out loud at the PS. BTW - I hope to attend your PC party next Thurs. If I survive speaking in the academy chapel, getting Allan through his Dr's appointment and get Philip ready to leave for Idaho on Friday. Might only be able to stop in for 10-15 minutes but I'm going to try to make it. Marianne

Angie D said...

Never, never, NEVER give the husband the password, Nancy! That was very sweet, though--much better than his ill-fated "Blue Tears" comment recently. :)

Carrie said...

Very sweet, Chris!