Friday, February 8, 2008

All the juicy details! Part I

Finally....after getting all the household chores caught up, and going through a siege of the stomach flu this week, (it was BAD) I finally have some blogging time! I returned from Florida a week ago yesterday, but I'll start with early January.
Just as Chris and I were getting back in the van, leaving the cardiologist office, he told me he had a confession to make. Uh-oh! What did he do THIS time???? j/k With my heart in my throat, I listened while he "confessed" he had made some reservations in my name WITHOUT my permission. Knowing how hard winter can be with my heart issues, he had taken upon himself to plan and arrange a 4 day vacation for me, so I could escape the cold and enjoy some warm air for a change. My heart had been in my throat, but by now I had a HUGE lump in my throat instead! The reason he was sending me away alone is because he knows I HATE to leave the kids with any one, and since my parents had just moved, they would not be able to do it this time. So, he took the time off work and stayed with the kids, allowing me to take the vacation alone. Very selfless on his part to be sure. He's the one that works two jobs everyday. (Thanks Chris. You know I love you!)

The hardest part was getting out of the van at the airport. I had told the two older kids to get thier goodbyes said at the house, so that Caleb wouldn't be too startled when I got out at the airport. Still, when we were approaching the terminal, I looked around my seat to say a final goodbye and Lauren had HUGE tears in her eyes. It was VERY hard to say goodbye!

This was the "joke" of a plane I had to take to get my connecting flight in Cleveland. It held about 15 passengers and felt like riding a roller coaster. It was very scary, I was very nervous, and I was never so glad to touchdown in all my life!

The coastline and beaches coming into view. I left Cincinnati with the weather in the upper 20's and arrived in Ft. Myers, Florida to 76 degrees. Very, very nice!!!

This is the bridge that takes you across to Estero Island where I stayed. It was about 30 minutes from the airport. I arrived on the island around 4:00.

Here is the apartment where I stayed. About 1/2 block from the beach.

The kitchen.

The living room.

One of the bedrooms. This is the one I picked.

My rental car. A Chrysler (something...Sebring maybe??). I liked it.

The path to the beach.

Late afternoon at the beach.

Stay tuned for Part II.


Martha C said...

I enjoyed the photos. That was so thoughtful of Chris!

Tamra said...

Very, very nice and thoughtful of Chris! Sounds like he is a keeper!

Brenda said...

Wow - looks like a fun place to go!

Kelly S said...

That was sooo sweet of him to do for you and so unselfish! It looks beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

Kendall & Leanna said...

Enjoyed the pictures! I am so ready for temps in the 70's. :)