Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Catchin' you up on news!




Ok. I'm really here. Contrary to any notions of my being on a "Groban high"....our computor has been "ill". Really. Seriously.
ok ok And I have been floating since the Groban concert...which was, by the way...a VERY GOOD concert. We went, along with my parents, to hear him at the Mellon arena in Pittsburg. Lots of fun.Not only is he a fantastic singer, but the musicians that travel and perform with him are a REAL treat as well. And I'm j/k about the "floating" part. I do tell Chris from time to time 'It seems like a dream that I was actually there". but that's all. Thanks Chris, for buying me the tickets and taking me....you're the best!!
Now for the other news....
Two weeks ago was Lauren's 7th birthday. it kind of turned out to be a week-long celebration. On Tuesday, I was able to meet my friend Rebecca and her 4 beautiful children (3 boys and 1 girl) at Mt. Gilead OH. She happened to be in OH that week, so we met halfway between here and where she was visiting. We met at a lovely State Park they have there. It was a fun day...and there was a picnic, presents for Lauren and I made a big iced cookie for the occasion. They had an incredible "hands-on" Nature Center. The kids got to hold mice, a turtle, handle bones, bugs and many other "delights". And I'm sure that mouse will never quite be the same after Caleb got done throwing the "ball". (see pics)
Wed. was her actual birthday. We opened gifts as a family and then went to Sharon Woods to the indoor Adventure Center they have there. That was her wish.....for " she and Michael and Caleb to play and Mommy and Daddy just sit and talk." We did just that!
Thursday, the Madeira Branch Library was having "Felicity's Tea Party". Girls were encouraged to bring their dolls and learn all about how a tea party was conducted in Felicity's era. Very fun. Mom's and little brother's were allowed to attend as well. The boys mostly enjoyed and treats and Michael liked doing the crafts. Lauren loved ALL of it! It was so fun to see all the girls with their beautiful dolls. There were probably 20 girls in attendance.
Friday night I invited 2 of my aunts for a roast beef dinner. Then I presented her with her "official" birthday cake....was she ever thrilled. I made her a doll cake...using the Pampered Chef mixing bowl. What fun! I just love having a little girl!!! The end result was what I wanted...almost. I bought a doll from the Dollar Tree because I didn't want to invest too much in the cake. However, they ALL have this hideous eye make-up. I did my best to make her pretty, but in the end couldn't get rid of the "over-done eyes". I don;t think Lauren noticed at all. It was lots of fun...she was SOOO excited. And yes...the aunties brought her more presents as well.
And there was one more "late" surprise. I had been planning on getting Lauren an American Girl doll for Christmas, but Daddy surprised us both! Now she is the proud owner of Kirsten. I absolutely LOVE those dolls. Although I'm not a collector of anything, I think I would enjoy collecting these dolls. (If I were rich, or course :) ) They are all so beautiful. I have many plans of making doll clothes and matching outfits....SO FUN!

14 comments:

Les said...

American Girl Dolls is another reason I missed out by only having boys. The other is dressing them up and doing their hair. Other than that I think boys are great!

Tamra said...

My sister collected AG Dolls and accessories when she was younger. I always thought they were so cute. The clothes they have for them are adorable. Glad to see you are having fun with Lauren. I have a lot of things to look forward to with Jillian.

Martha C said...

Great job on the cake. Love the "eyes" part. :-)
Had to chuckle at Caleb and the "ball." I could just picture it happening.

Charity said...

I know you both will enjoy the doll! :) I loved AG when they first came out. (Just watch out for some of their other series like Amelia's Notebook and mysteries. language etc...) I would love to go to a Groban concert! We got to hear Jim Brickman... That was one of the very best concerts I've been to!!

Leanna Pitcher said...

Loved all the pics. The cake you did was so neat. I don't think I could ever be quite that creative. I love the AG dolls as well.

Jana said...

Cute cake!! My mom made one similar for Khara's B-day a couple of years ago.

You are one brave woman to let yours kids hold a mouse!!! The thought of it just about makes my skin crawl!! :-) How neat to have so many "hands- on" activites to attend!!

Kendall and Leanna said...

The cake turned out really good. I didn't know quite what to picture when you told me on the phone. Enjoyed looking at all the pictures. ttyl :)

Angie D said...

I don't even have a girl and I love the AG dolls too. They could be a very addictive little collector's item, I think.

Brenda said...

Cool cake! The concert does sound like it would have been really fun. Glad you got to attend.

Char said...

As per our conversation today...I am commenting! HAHA Lauren, so happy for you and I know Kirsten will have a wonderful home!

Tamra said...

Just wondering if you are OK...

Been missing your posts. You have a lot of catching up to do!?!?

Angie D said...

Helloooo, anybody home? I think we need a welfare check on Nancy...

snakesnailsbuttonsnbows said...

It's a good thing your computer is down. It takes me a month to get caught up with you!!! We LOVED spending the day with YOU and your LITTLE PEOPLE!! God has truly blessed you!

Angie D said...

Still no computer?